Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Time in the Hospital

We were in the hospital from Friday til Sunday. This is the first time I've been admitted to the hospital. My favorite part was the hospital bed. I was so sore, but having an automatic bed made things so much easier! And someone mentioned to bring my own pillow and I'm so glad I did...definitely on my list of things to bring next time. Things on my list not to bring...stuff to keep me busy cause I pretty much just slept the entire time!

Bryce stayed the entire time in the hospital with me. He got to camp in those super comfortable...NOT... chairs that turn into a bed. He brought his own pillow and blanket too!




It was kind of nice to have all the extra help in the hospital. The nurses would change her and clean her. Everyone told me to take advantage of that in the hospital, especially at night. So we sent her to the nursery at night! On Saturday, we (actually Bryce because I couldn't get out of the hospital bed without being in pain) started to change Aubree's diaper. 

First time changing her diaper...and it was a stinky one!

The next time he changed her diaper.... As soon as Bryce took off the old diaper to put on a new one, she started to use the bathroom! Oops...and we realized that this is what she likes to do, even now. And sometimes we're not prepared. Haha!


Another great thing about the hospital was the food. I know everybody says hospital food is so gross, but I didn't mind it at all. And every meal, you could choose all kinds of foods. We had the main dish, plus saimin, dessert, soup, fruits, roll, sandwich...and this is just lunch! And in between meals, I would get hungry so I just had to ring my nurse's bell and request for more food. On Saturday night we got a celebratory meal. The hospital cooked dinner for me and Bryce. We had chicken cordon blue with cheesecake for dessert. The funny thing was that the main dish option for Saturday night was teriyaki steak. We were kind of disappointed because we love steak! But the cheesecake was yummy!



1 comment:

  1. What a trooper Bryce! Aho will never stay in that chair/bed overnight. And, I'm with you on the food. Being able to choose so many things makes a meal more enjoyable. Plus, you don't have to worry about cooking it or cleaning up. ;)

    ReplyDelete